Sunday, July 3, 2016

Carb Quik banana muffins


I've decided in order to stay motivated and watch my macros, I will start posting some healthy recipes so I have less excuses to eat healthy food.  After all, If I making it for my blog.. it's there and I don't need to go out for some convenient junk food.  

I bought some carbquik mix a while ago on Amazon (my favorite lazy girl website).  I didn't really have anything in particular in mind when I ordered it.  I am NOT against carbs at all.  For me personally, I found lower fat, high protein and moderate carbs is best for losing weight. Also I LOVE carbs.  I am always looking for ways to enjoy my favorite carb heavy foods in a healthier way. 

I hadn't even opened the mix. I've been kind of slacking off diet (and exercise) wise lately. But I found a relatively easy recipe for banana nut muffins and I modified it based on what I had in my kitchen. 

So.. without further delay.. lets get to the recipe!


Ingredients:

2 cups Carbquik
1 ripe banana
1 egg
2/3 cup unsweet almond milk (can sub in whatever kind of milk you drink)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
8 packets of Truvia
1 teaspoon baking powder



Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until moist. (up to 1/4 cup water can be added if needed) I didn't need to add any extra water. 

The batter is very light and airy.

scoop the batter in to 12 regular size muffin tins. 

Bake for 8-13 minutes.  (I checked at 10 min and ended up baking all 13 minutes)  


They are very light and fluffy! Makes a great pairing with a protein shake or some eggs or egg whites. 

Macros for the muffins (based on my ingredients) 

PER 1 MUFFIN
Calories:  71
Fat:         4.8g
Carbs:     9.9g
Fiber:      7.3g
Protein:   3.7g


No comments:

Post a Comment