Saturday, July 4, 2015

My first figure competition part 2

Hi there! I'm back with the continuation of my first figure competition experience. I need to get better about documenting my journey in here!

So let's pick up where I left off.. I covered packing last time. I'm going to start chronologically starting with Friday night, before show day. 

My show was out of town, so my friend, Julie, and I drove the 3 hours to Omaha. Arrived, checked in to the hotel and then headed to the competitor check in. I would say this is when the nerves really kicked in. It was all very very real! Being there with all the other competitors really made me feel, anxious. Really that's the best way to describe it.

I really didn't know what to expect having never done this before.  There was a lot of people there.  Thankfully my posing coach was there with a bikini competitor she was training so I knew at least one other person.  I'm not really an extrovert. So although a lot of people make a lot of new friends at these type of events, I'm not the type to just go talk new people.  That's one reason I brought Julie, so I wasn't just there by myself.

At the check in I received my number, Tank top from the show and the promoter gave us some information about how the show was scheduled and when to show up etc.  Then we left.

Since I was going to be putting tanner on, we had to prepare the hotel room so I didn't stain anything. I had my own dark colored sheets and had brought my own pillow with a dark pillow case.  I wrapped plastic wrap around the seat and lid of the toilet as it can soak up the color from your tan.

Next, I laid out everything I needed for the following day. Then double and triple checked that I had everything. 

Then we began applying my tan.  I used Jan Tana and I think it went on pretty well.  I'm pretty pale and it's amazing how you paint it one and boom, you're brown!  We actually painted 1/2 my body first just because we were so amazed at how it instantly tanned me.  I'd say it took about 45 minutes or so to completely cover me. Later we discovered bigger applicators would be faster (So next time I know).
After it was applied I waited for about 30 minutes or so for it to dry before putting on some dark colored clothes for bed. 

By this time it was probably near 11 pm.  I was a bit hyped up and had trouble winding down to sleep. 
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment