Saturday, January 17, 2015

Q&A Sexy Arm workouts

I get a lot of questions on Instagram about my arms.

 I think every woman wants to feel comfortable showing off lean sexy arms. But a lot of us suffer from the dreaded arm "wing."  I have good news and bad news related to ridding yourself of the wing. The bad news is, you can't spot reduce fat. I can't choose to focus on my arms and lose fat JUST from there. To reduce fat you need to have good nutrition and reduce overall body fat and it should get to your trouble area (eventually). 
The good news is, weight lifting and targeting your shoulders, biceps and triceps will give your arms a sexy shape and they are much less likely to be flabby weak spaghetti arms. 
So what types of exercises should you do to get lean sexy arms?  Here's some examples of some exercises I do for my arms. 

If you have any questions on these you can check out bodybuilding.com or even YouTube for examples. Form is important when lifting to avoid injury, so take care to make sure you're lifting properly. 

Biceps:
1. Cable curl - I use a straight bar to do mine. 
2. Alternating Dumb Bell curl - I prefer alternating as I feel I am more controlled
3. Dumb bell hammer curls - can be done on the cable machine using the rope too. 
4. Dumb bell incline curls - great stretch and range of motion on these!! 

Triceps:
1. Barbell skull crusher - keep your elbows in close 
2. Rope push down - push your arms all the way straight with each rep 
3. Lying dumb bell extension - I do these each arm individually for better control
4. Dips - can be modified for any fitness level.

Shoulders: 
1. Dumb bell shoulder press - basic but effective. This is one I do almost every shoulder day. 
2. Rear delt fly - controlled movements, no swinging weights 
3. Lateral raise - again don't swing the weights 
4. Cable high row - pull toward your face which targets the back part of the shoulder

For ALL of these exercises you should choose a weight where the last few weights burn and you are close to failure with the last rep. You want to change your body, you must challenge yourself.  And of course follow a good nutrition plan to lose that layer of fat and show off those sexy sculpted arms. 

Happy lifting. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment