Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A little about me

If you're reading this, you probably know a little about me already. You might've seen my transformation on Instagram. So you know that I've changed my lifestyle and totally transformed myself.


What you might not know is how I did it. Or maybe you still want to know more. 

I've been thinking about writing a blog for some time now. I wish I had done it sooner. In fact I did start to document my journey but was embarrassed about putting myself out there and stopped. I was afraid someone I knew would see it. I suppose I was under the impression that everyone I knew couldn't possibly tell I was morbidly obese when I was clothed. Yes, at 5'3" and 249 lbs, I was morbidly obese. It still is shocking to think that. Just as shocking as it is for me to look at old pictures. I really don't see me when I look at them. I really didn't FEEL that big. But this blog isn't really about the past. It's about the present and the future. It's about my journey becoming a figure competitor and living a healthy lifestyle while working and raising kids. Eating amazing and healthy food. Maybe sometimes indulging in not so healthy food. I will of course share more posts and details of my journey to this point and documenting more details going forward. 

So a little about me. I'm a mom and a wife. I work outside the home full time. I go to the gym 6 days a week. I love it. My oldest daughter loves to workout. She wants to be stronger than me. Nothing would make me happier. I would be proud to have her grow up with a good understanding of exercise and how to fuel your body with healthy foods. My kids are my biggest motivators. I strive to be a healthy realistic role model for them.  So who am I? I'm a mom, a wife, a weightlifter, a competitor, an athlete. I guess now, I'm a blogger :) 

More to come. Stay tuned. 


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to learning more :) welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am the same height and about the same weight. I cannot even imagine the perseverance and the willpower you must have had to get to your after photo. Great job! I am so impressed by this and it is motivational.

    ReplyDelete