Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lump of Coal treats

WARNING .. This is NOT a healthy recipe.

I love baking and making goodies. Even if I'm not going to be the one enjoying them.  So here's something I made for my daughters dance class party. I'm not going to lie. I tried one. It was AMAZING. These are also super simple and a fun project to make with your kids. They would make a fun stocking stuffer or treat for all those holiday parties. 

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons of butter 
10oz bag of marshmallows
1 container of Oreos (I bought family size and used most of them. But I think a typical sized package would also work) 

Procedure: 
Melt butter and marshmallows over medium heat, stir often, until all the marshmallows are melted 

2. While those are melting, crush your Oreos. You can do this by hand or with a food processer. (I used a food processer) 

3. When the butter marshmallow mixture is lump free, remove from heat and mix in the crushed Oreos. 

4. Pour mixture in to a greased pan, I used 8x8. And let cool. Then cut into desired number of bars.  Alternatively you could roll the mixture in to balls and shape like coal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment