Sunday, May 24, 2015

My first figure competition part 1

So I just competed in my first figure competition. It was an amazing experience. I called this post part 1 because I plan on breaking down the experience in to pieces to avoid a CRAZY long blog entry.  So let's start with "peak week"

Peak week was a bit different than the rest of my training. We did full body circuits Sunday and Monday. Cardio only Tuesday and light cardio Wednesday with my trainer. Then nothing else. That was hard. Partly because I hadn't peaked. I was far from peaking. We hadn't reached our goal. Also, working out has become an important part of my life and I enjoy it. 

So I spent my last couple days before making a list of items I needed for my show and packing my bags. The show I competed in was the Heartland Classic in Omaha which is about 3 hours from where I live.  I was going to be out of torn for less than 36 hours but I had 2 very full bags to take with me. There's a huge list of items I took with me and most came in handy. Below is the list I used when packing. 

Nutritionally we kept everything the same for peak week. I was doing a keto diet  and we kept it the same through Friday. I did a bit of carbs for breakfast Saturday morning and for pump up before going on stage. 

So let's get to the packing list. Here's what I brought with me and things I highly suggest anyone doing any kind of physique competition consider bringing. 

1. Alarm Clock
2. Beauty Blotting Papers or powder if face gets shinny
3. Bikini Bite (to keep your suit in place) 
4. Bottled Water
5. Bras
6. Camera
7. Cash
8. Clothes - dark colored  
9. Competitor Number/Contest Registration
10. Contact Lenses/solution 
11. Cooler – soft sided or hard sided
12. Copy of entry form 
13. Crazy Glue
14. Dental Floss
15. Directions to and from the venue, hotel and any other necessary locations
16. Dixie Cups with Bottom Punched Out (for peeing)
17. Extra Competition Suit – having a back up can be a life saver
18. Flip-Flops
19. Food – premade and premeasured (bring a lot more than you think you need.)
20. Hair Spray
21. Hair Ties, bobby pins, hair clips
22. Hairbrush
23. High Heels for competition
24. Jewelry (competition) 
25. Laundry stain remover stick 
26. Lock for Bag
27. Loose, dark comfy clothing to sleep in and wear around
28. Lotion (for after the show) 
29. Mini sewing Kit
30. Mouthwash
31. Nail File/ Clippers
32. Old dark sheets - tan will stain sheets and hotels will charge you if you ruin theirs
33. Organization Membership Card
34. Panties 
35. Pillow case – tan will stain sheets and pillow cases (or just bring your own pillow with a dark pillow case like I did) 
36. Plastic food wrap – for wrapping toilet seat in hotel room – tan will stain seat
37. Plastic gloves
38. Portable food heater for car if driving
39. Posing oil
40. Posing Suit / Competition Bikini – packed separately in labeled plastic bags so they stay clean and organized 
41. Q-tips
42. Razors or hair removal stuff
43. Robe – to wear after tan application
44. Safety Pins
45. Schedule for the day (received at registration)
46. Scissors
47. Small Mirror one that stands on its own on a table
48. Snacks &  Food 
49. Spare Hand & Face Towels
50. Stage Makeup (even if you're getting your make up done, extra bronzer and lipstick for touch ups are important) 
51. Sugarless Gum
52. Supplements
52. Toothbrush/Paste
53. Tubing to pump up prior to stage
54. Tweezers
55. Umbrella
56. Vaseline for Teeth
57. Vitamins
58. Wipes for quick clean ups
59. First aid kit
60. Deodorant (for after the show is over) 
61. Tanner (if you're doing your own tan, I used jan tana and I liked the result) 

This seems like a lot of stuff, but I used most of it. Didn't need the back up suit thank goodness but it's better to be prepared. 

I think that's enough for this post. I think it's good to leave off at the list. This will for sure be something I refer back to as well as tweak for future competitions. 




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features. Here you can find more information protein powder supplements

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found t web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this m prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.
    Suplementos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete