Sunday, May 10, 2015

Orange cream protein pancakes

You never realize how much you love to eat something until you're told you can have it. But let's get real.. I've always loved my carbs. So while I do okay on Keto. I love my Sunday carb up. I was planning out my day and I was determined to make some protein pancakes. I searched tons of recipes and settled on one from proteinpow.com  As usual I adapted the recipe a bit. She almost always measures protein in cups and I prefer to measure in scoops so I think it leads to slight variances but I haven't had any failures yet. I would call these a success too! 

So here's the base recipe from proteinpow.com 

Ingredients

3/4 cup oats
1/4 cup egg whites 
1 scoop whey (I used orange creamsicle) 
1 scoop vanilla pea protein 
1 cup almond milk 
 
I added:
1 tablespoon coconut flour 

I found the original recipe was a bit funny for my taste. The few pancakes I made before adding the coconut flour were fine, just a bit thin. 


The directions are simple.. Throw all the ingredients in to a blender, blend until smooth, cook on a hot skillet. I spray a little olive oil spray between every other pancake or so and use a non stick skillet. 


I topped mine off with Waldon farms calorie free pancake syrup. They were sooooo moist and delicious though and probably could be eaten solo.

Macros for the entire recipe (easily could split and serve 2 .. If you're the sharing type) 
Calories: 543
Fat: 12g
Carbs: 61g
Fiber: 11g
Sugar: 5g
Protein: 51g


1 comment:

  1. Great details here, better yet to discover out your blog which is fantastic. Nicely done!!! the links to visit our website. www.local-trainer.com

    ReplyDelete