Saturday, May 2, 2015

Peanut butter Marshmallow French toast

Hello fitfam!  I'm about to start 3 weeks of keto. Which means I'm saying goodbye to carbs for a few weeks until I carb load for my show. So I decided to make myself some french toast as a farewell to carbs.  I'm not going to lie.. it was AMAZING. 


I'm going to share the basic recipe as well as the toppings I chose to use so the macros will be for exactly what you see pictured: 

Ingredients:
1 whole egg (large)
1/4 cup egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 slices whole wheat bread (I used Sara Lee, you can substitute any bread you like but the macros will change)

Toppings:
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons Waldon Farms marshmallow fruit dip
1 tablespoon Waldon Farms strawberry syrup

Directions:
Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a wide shallow bowl. Preheat a skillet to medium/medium high heat. Lay one piece of bread in the egg mixture letting it soak it up, flip it letting the other side soak up some mixture. Place the bread in the skillet, flip after about 1-2 minutes (once the egg mixture is cooked on that side)  While piece 1 is cooking, start soaking piece #2 in the egg mixture, it should soak up pretty much all the egg mixture. (So you're getting ALL the protein from the eggs) 

Once piece #1 is cooked transfer it to your plate and layer 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of marshmallow dip.  Cook the second piece like the first.  And lay it on top of the first piece.  Add your layers of peanut butter and marshmallow dip. Drizzle a tablespoon of Waldon farms strawberry syrup on top and ENJOY!

Macros for my recipe:

Calories:426
Fat: 22g
Carbs: 34
Fiber: 8
Sugar: 7
Protein: 27




1 comment:

  1. Hi nice Post written by you guys. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. Thank a ton for such a nice post. Here you can find more information local-trainer.com

    ReplyDelete